Cultural Advisor/Life Skills Coach
Part-Time, Term Position
Posting Date: August 8, 2019
Deadline for applications: August 21, 2019
Location: Saskatoon, SK
GTNT is seeking applications for our Cultural Advisor/Life Skills Coach position. This position will primarily support the planning and implementation of our cultural programming activity for the 2019/2020 season. A majority of the job responsibilities involve supporting the Circle of Voices and GTNT theatre outreach programs.
• Coordinate cultural programming for the Circle of Voices program and other outreach initiatives at Gordon Tootoosis Nīkānīwin Theatre while working alongside the Circle of Voices Coordinator.
• Provide a safe and supportive environment for Indigenous youth, staff and artists to discover, explore & celebrate artistic and cultural identity;
• Maintain a positive connection with staff, artists and youth in their administrative, collaborative, & creative endeavors;
• Support COV participants in their journey to gain valuable work experience skills and or to develop their career/ personal development goals.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated and able to work unsupervised, but also be able to work in a collaborative atmosphere with a professional, outgoing demeanor and be capable of managing multiple tasks in an artistic environment.
The preferred candidate(s) will have:
• First Nations, Metis or Inuit ancestry;
• Training and work experience with Indigenous people and cultural practices;
• Awareness/understanding of Indigenous language, culture and peoples in Saskatchewan.
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s license required.
Interested individuals are invited to submit a cover letter indicating interest along with an updated CV or Resume including references.
Applications can be submitted to:
Jennifer Dawn Bishop, Artistic Director, GTNT
306.933.2262 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.gtnt.ca